Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cruisin’ the Crimson Tide

Ms. Wim came in my office today to tell me all about her pending travel plans.  She has decided that she will start marking things off her bucket list and is eager to get started.  First on the list is the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.  Then Saturday she leaves on a Caribbean cruise.  December will be a trip to North Carolina and then Vegas after the New Year.  All very exciting things. But you know that nothing Ms. Wim does can go off without a hitch and this week is no exception.  For those of you sensitive to “woman” issues, consider yourself warned!
Ms. Wim was telling me all about her travel arrangements and her packing strategy.  Then she casually mentioned that she unexpectedly got her period “of course, right before my trip.”  She also told me that this will last the entire length of her cruise.  Totally unfortunate, but not unmanageable, right?  Wrong!  I said “Oh, that sucks.  Thank goodness for tampons.”  To which she responded, “I’ve never used tampons.”  Wait….what!?  Yes folks, she is 40 and has never used tampons.  I guess this could be more common that I think, but I am still just amazed.  She then went on in detail about her menstrual problems.  At one point she told he about how she slept over at a guy’s house and in the morning the bed  “looked like I had a miscarriage.”  Friends….how do you respond to that?!  I die. 
Safe to read again………Interesting note:  she has to bring Immodium instead of Pepto for digestional upset because Pepto turns her tongue black.  Apparently she learned this after going crazy on cheese fondue in Switzerland (before she realized she was lactose intolerant) and they gave her Pepto.   She ended up missing out on a few days of the group tour because her black tongue was concerning and no one knew what was the cause.  I guess it is now a known side effect of Pepto.  http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/06/science/q-a-084760.html  File this one under Jeopardy knowledge.
She will be gone for the next 10 days or so, but I’m sure there will be plenty of updates when she returns. 
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment