Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Straight To Voicemail

Yesterday started off with a bang.  Ms. Wim was in my office at 9am sharp with all the details of her weekend.  She went to Philly for a dance event that people from "all over the world" go to.  This is pretty common for Ms. Wim, as she spends her "free" time on the blues/jazz/swing dance scene.  As I'm sure you are anticipating, the weekend was a bust.
  • She got to Philly late on Friday night.  She was running late because she was sooooo behind at work and also needed to finish homework before she left.  Since she doesn't have a car, this also means that her friend giving her a ride was not pleased to be leaving late on her account and they had a chilly ride.
  • At the event, she ended up running into an ex-boyfriend.  This ex-boyfriend unceremoniously dropped her like a bad habit without notice years ago and she hadn't seen or heard from him since.  Seeing him triggered all sorts of emotions of relationships past and she had a breakdown in the middle of the dance floor.  I'm pretty sure that this devastating breakup was a mere 2 months after they started dating.
  • On the ride back from Philly Sunday night she was texting her bed-wetter 25yro boyfriend (of 2 weeks) and he was slow to respond.  She ended up sending him the passive-aggressive "Hello?" text, to which he finally responded with "Sorry, I have been cleaning up my place because xxx is coming over."  waaaa???  xxx is the hot young thing that he was attempting to date before he found himself with a cougar.  As I'm sure you can imagine, this didn't sit well with Ms. Wim, and on the heals of a bad weekend, she would not let this slide.  So, after she got to her place, she texted him to see if he was available to chat, suspecting that xxx was already there.  He agreed to the call and then proceeded to utter the oh so fateful "I don't think this is gonna work out."  The nerve!!! and at 11:30pm!!!  He is so inconsiderate and she couldn't sleep all night! I thought she was taking it well when she remarked that "at least now I can take the plastic sheet of my bed.  That thing was making me so hot!"  lolz
So, that was the recap.....at least until lunch time.  I again made the mistake of answering my phone without seeing who was calling.  I was just pulling up to my place for lunch break and never even considered that it might be Ms. Wim. 
Ms. Wim:  (sobbing) OMG, I can not believe what just happened.
Me:  What happened?
Ms. Wim:  I was on my way to lunch and I saw boss lady in the hallway.  She asked me how my weekend was, so I began to tell her all about it.....the ex-boyfriend, bed-wetter breaking up with me, how upset I am.....everything.  (sob sob sob).  While I was waiting for the elevator to come, I looked down at my phone to see what time it was and then I saw that it was his voicemail.  My entire conversation was recorded on his voicemail.
Me:  whose voicemail?
Ms. Wim:  Bed-wetter's voicemail.  My entire conversation with boss lady talking about him is now recorded on his voicemail.  He is going to hear everything!!  I just want to crawl in a hole and never come out. (sob sob sob)

Wow.  I was not expecting that.  Talk about a nail in the coffin for that short-lived relationship.  I think the only upside to her Monday was that Nissan recalled the Altima she purchased and then successfully returned.  I can only imagine what her reaction would have been if she had kept the car.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment