Friday, October 19, 2012

The Next Day…

I’m sure you are all curious about the outcome of the “car returning incident,” so let’s dig in.
Thursday morning I was admittedly very curious about what happened when Ms. Wim arrived at the dealership to return her new purchase.  Being that I now feel involved in the story, I stopped by her office to see what happened.  It goes a little something like this:
Me:  So, how did everything turn out last night?
Ms. Wim:  Well, it took me 2 hours to get there with the traffic and I cried the whole way there.  I called MD/JD to see if he would meet me there.  He said I didn’t have a legal leg to stand on and my only hope was to cry.  I got to the dealer like 20minutes before they closed and the guy that sold me the car greeted me when I walked in.  He is such a nice guy, so I felt bad when I asked to see his manager.  When the manager showed up I asked to speak with him in private and he took me back to his office.
Me:  ok….
Ms. Wim:  I also brought in all of the stuff that I got from the Healthy Back store to show him that I tried to make it work.  I mean, I had over $200 worth of back supports, pillows, adjustments, and stuff to try to make it so the seat wouldn’t kill my back and neck.
Me:  What?
Ms. Wim:  Yesterday I just drove around all day trying to get the seat in the right position with the support cushions from Healthy Back.  I tried everything.  I even went to CarMax and tried other cars.  When I went to CarMax I was so stressed out and on the verge of tears that I almost snapped on the guy that asked me if that was my Altima and how I liked it. 
Me:  Why did you go to CarMax?
Ms. Wim:  I wanted to see what other options there were before I tried to return the car.  So anyway, I tell the manager that I tried everything and I know that I signed the paperwork, but I just couldn’t make it work.  The manager just said that clearly that wasn’t my car and took it back.  He even just handed me the keys and title to my old car back.  They were so nice about the whole thing. 
Me:  So now what are you going to do?
Ms. Wim:  I’m going to put the whole car buying thing on hold for a week.  I have so many things to do and I just can’t even think about it right now. Although (giggle), I did find a car like mine that I am interested in. (then she shows me a picture of her EXACT car, only 5 model years newer, and $14,000 cheaper than the car she just returned). 
Ms. Wim:  I am also going to write an article to the newspaper about how horrible buying a car in this area is.  They are all liars and cheats.  It’s just unbelievable.  I love to write.  This is just important for everyone to know.  They are all just horrible people.

So….that was that.  I’m sure there will be another 2 weeks of car talk to come. 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment