Wednesday, October 17, 2012

W(oe)TF?!

Well that was interesting.....
I was just at the gym getting my fitness on and my cell phone rings with a number I don't recognize.  I thought it was the doctors office with the results of a test I did earlier in the day, so I answered it.  Nope, not the doctor!  It was Ms. Wim...

Ms. Wim needed "2 big favors."  She totally caught me off guard and even more so that she was practically in tears on the phone.

Favor 1:  She needed to borrow my iPhone car charger because she can't find hers and her battery is dying.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), I left in in my car, which is currently in the shop. I told her that I might have an extra one in the house if she would like that one.  She declined saying it had to be a car charger, which leads to....

Favor 2:  Go to a town nearly an hour away with her, tonight.  ummmmmm....what??
I inquired as to why she was going there, to which she informed me that her neck was killing her and she has to return it.......return what you ask?  The car she purchased YESTERDAY!

Let's back up a second.  As you recall, she hemmed and hawed over which car to get for weeks.  She finally settled on the Nissan Altima and was announcing her decision up and down the halls yesterday morning like the town crier.  She left early to go complete her purchase.  I was not surprised when she didn't come back to work, assuming it took longer than expected to get all of the paperwork settled.  

I was expecting a full report in my office this morning, but she never showed.  I saw her sweep past my office later in the day and could hear her in a office just down the hall (that is occupied by our staff MD/JD).  I didn't really hear the conversation, but just general sounds of whining and panic.  Much like the boy who cried wolf, this isn't unusual, so I just ignored it.  However, after her call, it all comes together.  

When I declined her oh so tempting invitation to spend my evening returning her new car, she informed me that she was going to call the MD/JD to see if he would meet her there....at the dealership.  This is for real people.  It really happened.  I will also like to add the side note that the MD/JD has a wife and kids at home.  

I could go on and on about how messed up this is, but I will go ahead and leave you to your own conclusions.  I will also let this be a reminder to you to not answers phone calls from unrecognized phone numbers.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment