Thursday, October 11, 2012

"You Have To See This"

Sorry it has been a while since my last blog.  It was 3-day weekend and then I was out of the office on Tuesday.  Not to worry though; yesterday made up for my office absence.

Ms. TMI was full of wonderful little bits of information yesterday.  After her normal 10am arrival, I got to hear all about Mr. STBDD’s job; mostly about how he needs to find a new one but since he never graduated from high school it will be hard to find a new career.  I even got to witness Ms. TMI survey several people who stopped by her office what they think her undereducated man should do for a living.  I’m sure he would be happy to know we are all weighing in on his future career path.  

In the afternoon Ms. TMI was back on the baby train.  She even showed me her ovulation calendar, told me about the ovulation tests, pills, new acronyms (BDD=Baby Dance Day), when a positive pregnancy test would likely occur, etc.  Things I never wanted to know for sure.  The best part of this little shit show was when she decided to tell me all about fertilization, which included a visual aid.  Even thought she knows I am a science nerd and have taken too many classes to count on biology, chemistry, zoology, etc and can tell you all about this from a medical and technical perspective, she felt the need to show me a video about how it all happens (I guess because I’m not into having a baby I don’t really understand the process?!).  Apparently my education is no match for the information on baby center and the sci-fi version (think 300) animated video showing the process.  To me it looks more like the Greek army is invading than a miracle, but who am I to say.  Here for you viewing pleasure, the miracle of life:

Also, for your viewing pleasure, is my internal reaction to all of this:

Cheers!

1 comment: